We continued on the series on the Gifts of the Spirit and discovered more truths and insights about the Holy Spirit.
We believe that the summary below will bless you just as it blessed us. Open your heart and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal more about Himself to you as you read.
THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT: SIGNS AND WONDERS (PART 3)
It is the Lord Himself who distributes the gifts of the Holy Spirit to believers according to their desires solely for the benefit of others. (Hebrews 2: 1-4 TPT).
The purpose of Spiritual gifts is to build the church, making it strong and mature. When we see the gifts of the Spirit in an individual or congregation, we know God is truly present. As we receive His gifts, we should recognize Him and thank Him for them.
The gifts of the Spirit manifest in the following ways: (1 Corinthians 12: 1-11)
- Word of wisdom
- Word of revelation knowledge
- The gift of faith
- The gift of healing
- The power to work miracles
- The gift of prophecy
- The gift of discernment
- The gift of speaking different kinds of tongues
- The gift of interpretation of tongues
There are 7 gifts the Holy Spirit gives. They are:
- The Spirit of the Lord (Luke 4: 17)
- The Spirit of Wisdom (Matthew 22:15)
- The Spirit of Understanding (Psalm 49:16-20)
- The Spirit of Counsel
- The Spirit of Might
- The Spirit of Knowledge
- The Spirit of the Fear of the Lord.
Jesus was anointed with all the seven gifts of the Spirit. In the book of Acts, miracles and gifts of the Spirit authenticated the Gospel wherever it was preached.
The Holy Spirit can give all these gifts to you just as it was given to Jesus. But it can only be achieved by studying and meditating on the word of God. Having these gifts energises us in attaining and doing all God wants us to be.
Our Bible Study and Prayer Meeting continues on Tuesday, 15th September, 2020.
Time: 6pm – 7:15pm
If you are joining us for the first time, here is a 3-step guide on how to register and join the meeting:
- Visit https://bit.ly/tfolcbiblestudy to register and fill in your details.
- You will receive an email containing information on how to join the meeting
- Tap the ‘Click Here to Join’ in the email. This will direct you to the Zoom app. Click on ‘Join Meeting’ and input the password sent in the email.
For more information or enquiries: