Hope you are enjoying God’s unflinching mercy. Our Sunday service was great and here is the summary of Pastor Taiwo’s message for you to stay connected to God’s word for this season:
TOPIC: DESPERATE TIMES (PART 2)
Whether we like it or not, tough and desperate times would always come. But walking circumspectly by dwelling on God’s word and relying on the Holy Spirit to seize the opportunities in desperate times would help us handle them well and distinguish us from the others (Ephesians 5:15-20).
There are opportunities in every danger and every season and you can get them when you live courageously and purposefully. There is a reason you are here, so live intentionally even at tough times.
HOW TO SEIZE OPPORTUNITIES IN DESPERATE TIMES
1. Get into God’s word (Colossians 3:16, Ephesians 5:18-19)
2. Do not be foolish and thoughtless (Ephesians 5:17)
3. Don’t be drunk with wine or dangerous substance
4. Live intentionally
5. Take advantage of the moment
6. Understand the mind of God for the moment
7. Have a plan
HOW YOU GET FILLED WITH THE WORD
1. Ask God to fill you.
2. Get into the word and the Spirit of God will fill you.
WHEN YOU ARE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT
1. You begin to speak with each other in psalms.
2. You will be filled with joy in your heart.
3. It will improve your relationship.
4. You will be a minister to others.
5. You will see God using you to touch lives.
Be reminded that:
1. God loves you dearly and is intentional about you. Deliberately spend time with Him daily.
2. God’s economy is yours to enjoy. Stay plugged in.
3. Choose to obey every instruction God gives to you.
4. Keep confessing and declaring God’s word over every area of your life.