Our Bible Study this week was truly interactive and impactful. Here is the summary to help you stay connected with God’s word and heart concerning you.
Intercession is serious work. An intercessor stands in the gap between God and others, praying for others selflessly, lifting their needs to the throne room of heaven. So anyone who will be an intercessor must have an offence free heart. You can’t be interceding on behalf of your brethren with offences in your heart (2 Corinthians 6:3).
An offence free hearts is the heart that is ready to forgive and be forgiven as Christ admonishes us to forgive those who offend us 490 times (Matthew 18:22). Such a heart will always be filled with the fullness of God and the love of Christ (Ephesians 3:17-1).
To forgive may seem so easy and a simple task, but our expectation often puts us on the cross line with God! Doubt, fear, and anxiety tend to creep into our mind when our God is not answering as we expect or calculate.
This sometimes makes us strive with God subconsciously and want to take the lead. But we need to know that God hates anyone to strive with Him (Isaiah 45:9 & Acts 24:16). But you need to understand that God is faithful and loving.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW AS AN INTERCESSOR
- Nothing should lure us into having an offensive heart unwittingly.
- When faced with criticism, remember that the only answer to criticism is productivity, as demonstrated by Isaac in Genesis 26 when he finally dug the well he called Rehoboth.
- A heart full of love both towards God and our fellowmen is a fundamental requirement for an intercessor (Ephesians 4:32).
- Forgiveness is an expression of love (Psalms 103:1-3 & 1 John 4:20)
- You need to strive to forgive any offence against you because you are not perfect also (Psalms 130:3-4)
- You have to make yourself readily available to be forgiven when you offend others, even when the ego is at stake.
Lord, give me an understanding of your love and faithfulness to me and mankind to not derail me in interceding for others.
Put the love of others in me, so I can intercede for them
- God loves you dearly and is intentional about you. Deliberately spend time with Him daily.
- God’s economy is yours to enjoy. Stay plugged in.
- Choose to obey every instruction God gives to you.
- Keep confessing and declaring God’s word over every area of your life.
Our ☎️ lines are open.
You can call in for counselling and prayers via 08053096761 | 07011065546.