The Holy Spirit is not only our companion, He guides us into knowing the truth. Our Bible study on the teaching of the Holy Spirit was impactful. Below is the summary for you to keep you connected to God’s Word.
The Holy Spirit: Seeking the Truth
As a result of Christ’s promise to send the Holy Spirit to teach His followers and remind them of all that He had taught; we have God’s Spirit in us to keep us from going astray. We must, however, place our total trust in Him and live as He wants us to live (1 John 2:18-29).
You must allow the Holy Spirit to help you discern truth from error (Colossians 3:16). This will help you test questionable teachings.
What You Need to Know
- As you fellowship with God, you begin to understand His tone and language. This will help you differentiate between His voice and others (1 Timothy 4:14-13)
- If you want to find a balance between relying on teachers and the word of God, you need to ask for an appetite for God’s word.
- People who do not preach the balanced word of God but use human traditions as a general application (false teachers) will lead believers astray.
- When you pray in the Spirit, you cannot miss it in life (Ephesians 7)
- You need to get into the word of God, like the Berean Christians; to be able to test all teachings a study to show yourself approved (Acts 17: 11).
5 Ways to Recognise God’s Voice
- By learning the volume of God’s voice. He speaks in quiet and intimate ways
- By learning the language of the Holy Spirit. He comes by staying in God’s presence
- By understanding the unwavering truth that the Holy Spirit will never contradict the word of God
- By learning to recognise the sound of his voice
- By verifying the voice of the Holy Spirit
The acid test of the voice of God is peace. The voice of God will always bring peace (Galatians 3:15-16). The best defence to win this war against false teachers is SOUND DOCTRINE (Titus 1:9; 2:1; 2 Timothy 4:3). Meditate on the word of God day and night. God never contradicts the scripture. Check everything you hear with the word. Don’t rely on your judgment only.
- God loves you dearly and is intentional about you. Deliberately spend time with Him daily.
- God’s economy is yours to enjoy. Stay plugged in.
- Choose to obey every instruction God gives to you.
- Keep confessing and declaring God’s word over every area of your life.